Monday, January 31, 2011

Mommy & Me Monday: Melt the ice cube game

"Melt the ice cube" is a fun game to play with your little one. In fact, your whole family may want to join in. I have had this out as an activity in my Montessori classroom for the past week. The photos shown are ones from when I set this up in the classroom two years ago. At that time, I had two children do the game together and each child had their own ice cube to melt. Right now in my classroom I have two children play together, but they jointly try to melt one ice cube. Of course you may decide how you'd like to do this in your home setting.

The gist of the game is that you roll a die to determine which action you must take to try to melt your ice cube. The second photo shows a close-up of the chart which tells what you have to do for each number rolled. There are lots of giggles and squeals when a number two is rolled. If you are interested in printing out your own chart, CLICK HERE. That link will take you to my original post which has a hyperlink to the site where you may download the printable. Hope you have some chilly fun doing this. It may be perfect to go with the weather we are supposed to get this week.




No comments: