Monday, January 10, 2011

Mommy & Me Monday: Painting Snowflakes

This week's project is super simple. You will need only a few materials: some paper doilies (found locally at Kally's General Store on the square) and watercolor paints. I placed doubled-up paper towels under the doilies when my boys painted them.





Once you have everything set up, just allow your child to paint as they wish.




Here is one of my sons' finished snowflakes. I meant to take a photo of them taped up on our window, but it got too dark!! If you are a bit of a snowflake purist (i.e. you only think snowflakes should be white.........I confess to being a closet snowflake purist myself) you can CLICK HERE to see how I set up a snowflake-making activity in my preschool classroom. (NOTE: Snowflake purists should omit the painting step....... ;-)






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

easy and fun - the kids loved it!