Monday, February 14, 2011

Mommy & Me Monday: Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone! Hope you have a lot of lovin' planned for today. I am sharing two ideas to do with your little ones. The first one is a keepsake handprint project. We made these for the parents of my Montessori students last week and I'm pretty sure they'll be treasured for years to come. CLICK HERE to go to the post I wrote about the project on my Montessori blog. It has some tips and directions as well as a link to print the label if you want. I am not able to upload documents here on Blogger, but I can on Typepad (the other blog).

I know I'm posting this a bit late for you to make these to give as gifts for Valentine's Day this year. However, if you think ahead, these would be great to give Grandma for Mother's Day. You could do this in fabric paint on a t-shirt or canvas bag. Or do it on paper and place it in a special frame. You'll probably want to make some to save for yourself as well!




The next idea is a baking project. We are also making these at Montessori this week. These are little "heart tarts" made from refrigerated pie crust and strawberry jam. I found the idea and recipe in the latest issue of Family Fun magazine. These were really easy to make and tasted really good. I didn't even frost mine and thought they were still yummy. They taste like mini-pies or kind of like pop-tarts. CLICK HERE to go to the Family Fun website for the recipe.




No comments: